Saturday, January 22, 2011

BAH!

Yeah, as with most things I begin, I'm going to take a break from all that nostalgic and melancholic crap for a while. Dwelling on the past too much is just a hamstring when it comes to this. What I mean is, I know what I wanted to get out of writing all of those sentiments down, and the goal has been met personally so now I can move on to writing about my life. After all, if I kept harping on what was I would end up not having time to write about what is! So for now, a hiatus.

It's been three days since Kyle and I moved to North Carolina. I'll admit, it's not as vibrant as it was the first time we visited, but I think the weather is to blame in this case. The usually warm climates have decided to trade themselves for some pebble-like snow and random cold fronts. It's fine though; I'm sure the spring goodness will return to the air soon enough.

Our house is lovely, to say the least. I never expected that my first house would be this nice. Thank goodness his  dad is O.C.D. and keeps the place in sparkling condition. <3 I've been making use of the large kitchen and trying out all sorts of new recipes. It feels great to finally have a clean environment to let my culinary whimsies run wild, lol.

I find myself still lingering in the feeling of slight limbo, though. I guess it hasn't hit me quite yet...
I'm out of PA.
I have a home.
This is real.
...Wowzaz.

I finished rummaging through the large box of my shipped books today. Finally got through sorting out the things I actually want to and enjoy reading vs the free shit I picked up from the school library just for shits and giggles. Surprisingly, between Kyle and my books, everything actually fit -- save for the large "Encyclopedia of Spirits" and "Leaves of Grass." I just plopped those on top of everything else.
As for now, I stopped by to quickly jot down what was going on before I went on to reread through my old diaries and categorize them chronologically. I'm popping in the senior video, too (I never actually watched it! x.x), while I'm at it. 


On other news, I learned some Texas Hold 'Em today! Kyle's dad plays locally and was even in the national competitions, apparently. I'm not too too bad, but...yeah, I'm not ready to play with any actual money yet. Give me Blackjack any day. As for poker....ehhhhhh.... >.>

Well, I better get back to it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment